Berserk goes your alarm acknowledging you of a new and beautiful day only to find red itchy raised, small or flat bite marks on your skin. This is the work of bed bugs! Beg bugs are of many species that are known to feed on humans. There are three species which are; Cimex hemipterus, Leptocimex bouteli and Cimex lectularius. Bed bugs require blood to live and they use biological signatures like body hunt to find hosts. We provide bed bug control services here in Napa as we are dedicated in eradicating bed bug infestations in our homes, hotels and apartments. Sleep is vital to humans and sharing a bed with these bugs’ leads to sleepless nights. Nobody wants this. Call us now on (800) 430-3778 and we will have a professional take care of your bed bug infestation.
Places We Deal with Bed Bug Infestations
In Homes – If you are renting a house it is advisable that you consult your rental agreement first and see who takes on the financial responsibilities of the house. If you own a house you can call us at will and we will successfully rid your house of these bugs.
In Hotels – At times we sleep elsewhere besides our homes. When you stay in a hotel it is advisable that you put your dirty clothes in a large plastic bag. We have professional technicians who monitor bed bugs in hotels and treat for bed bugs with very little inconvenience and disruption.
In Apartments – If you have rented a unit in an apartment and find out that you have a bed bug infestation, inform the apartments’ management and have them call us and eradicate this pest issue before the bugs spread to other units. Your landlord should take action as stated in the lease and laws in the apartment you reside in.
Signs and Symptoms
- Shed bed bug skins, exoskeletons or shells
- Fecal stains on the mattress, beddings and on walls
- Blood stains on your bedsheets
We use several methods in locating and monitoring the bed bugs:
- Traps – We use these monitoring devices and place them at strategic locations for example the legs of your bed and this helps us determine the direction from which the bed bugs are coming from.
- Dogs – We have a trained K9 unit and our dogs sniff out the presence of bugs. They help us detect the presence of bugs and at times locate their nesting spots.
- Using a moat – This is like a small container built into a larger container and the smaller part is placed at the leg of your bed. This is designed in a way that allows the bugs to climb in the moat but they cannot climb out.
- Dry ice – dry ice is placed inside a flask or container and placed at the leg of your bed. The dry ice releases CO2 which attracts these bugs and the bugs are trapped.
Napa’s bed bugs control eradication techniques:
- Fumigation – We use this process to battle bed bugs. We empty the building of people and pets and set up an enclosed perimeter mostly by using special tents and traps. We release a pesticide gas into the building and ensure the gas runs through the entire house structure. The gas kills all the bed bugs in the furniture, walls and clothes and the gas is released into the atmosphere. When the pesticide concentration falls below detectable levels the house can be preoccupied. Reach us on (800) 430-3778 and get connected with our experts.
- Contact Insecticides – These kill the bed bugs when they come into contact with these products. The product may have an irritating smell as they are mostly pyrethroids and can repel the bugs away from the treated surface. Other contact insecticides contain chlorfenapyr and imidacloprid.
- Inert Insecticidal Dusts – They consist of ground glass or silica powders which are applied onto cracks, crevices and bed frames. These dusts are hard and sharp thus penetrating the bugs cuticle and cause damage to the bug itself.
- Using Heat – When temperatures rise to 100 degree Fahrenheit bed bugs reproductive output diminishes and as we increase the temperature it becomes lethal to the bed bugs eventually killing them and their eggs.
- Using Steam – Water vapor from hot boiling water kills bed bugs and their eggs. We direct hot steam into cracks, crevices or other areas the bugs maybe inhabiting though this may not work for the bugs that are under protective shelters.
- Laundering of Clothes – Bed bugs can also be carried in clothes and washing these clothes in hot water will bring an end to the lives of these bed bugs and their eggs. Pressing clothes with a hot iron will instantly kill the bed bugs.