Why did my neighbor call it a demon? First, moles are insectivorous animals which spend their entire life underground. In a day, moles digs tunnels in search for food which are mainly earthworms and insect meat. By doing so, its activities may do a lot of damage to ones field or crops. Yes your neighbor was partially right to call it a demon for it’s a complete menace while it never seeks the light of the day. However, let’s not forget that many of us have come across moles in our lives. They do a lot of damage to us but never accept the truth cast down by its light.
Moles possess a small ears and eyes with a furless snout. They have powerful front limbs meant for burrowing dip into the dirt. Their huge paws makes this possible too. They have a thin tail and can grow to a length of about 18 cm. Mole control in Napa is nothing new for residents of this region. This line of digits may be your way out (800) 430-3778.
Signs of Mole Infestation
- Mole Holes – An important sign of identifying a mole infestation is by seeing mole holes on your yard or field. These holes are openings to underground tunnels which run at a shallow or deep surface from the ground. Tunnels found near the surface and meant for feeding while deeper ones are meant for basically enabling its movement. Depending on your yard or field, mole holes can surprisingly be quite a number.
- Drying Plants – the plants in your yard will tilt while others will dry up due to the damage of roots. There burrowing activities mostly becomes a problem to farmers.
- Pile of Dirt – Moles leave a pile of dirt that are conical shaped or resemble small volcanoes.
Napa Mole Control
There are different ways to counter a mole infestation. Some of these are:
- Mole Traps – There are two traps designed for moles. These traps are the Harpoon trap and scissors trap. After purchasing one of these items, you should read the manual on how to use it. They are usually placed an actively used tunnel with it halfway immersed into the soil by pressing it from the top. Once triggered by a mole, its effect on it is horrifying quick leaving the pest with no chance of survival. Check on the trap regularly to see whether any mole has been eliminated. If not, shift it to another location. You will have to be patient.
- Succulent Plants – Using succulent plants like cacti will reduce the amount of moisture in your yard. By doing so, they will lower the availability of food for the moles. Earthworms which are insects prone to moisture rich yards will be scarce when you grow these plants.
- Use of Insecticides – Another way of getting rid of moles by making their food scarce is using insecticides. This will kill these insects and make your yard the least admired place for moles thereafter being the trending topic on the daily ‘mole magazine’.
- Smoke Bombs – This method requires you to insert toxic gases into their tunnels. It will surely ward them off.