Fun fact, there is approximately one rat per person in the United States. Well, maybe that’s not so fun, there are more than 50 species of rats and some examples are; Norway rats, Rice field rats, Australian swamp rats, Osgood’s Vietnamese rats among others. Are you dealing with a rat problem or an infestation? We offer professional rat control services here in Napa and we will get rid of all the rats disturbing the peace either in your home or at your business. You can contact our main office for Napa rat control by calling (800) 430-3778 and let the experts do the working.
Norway Rats – These are the most common rats found here in the United States and are found in every state around the country. They are covered in brown or gray shaggy hair and their ears and tails are covered in scales. Norway rats are omnivorous and can consume just about everything and they make their colonies close to water sources. They reproduce at any time of the year. They are very good at hiding which means if you see one during the day it might signify a rat infestation. Other signs of infestations include gnaw marks on food; rub marks or their capsule shaped droppings.
Roof Rats – They are also called gray – bellied rat, white-bellied rat, Alexandrine rat, black rat, or ship rat. They are smaller than Norway rats, slenderer and have a longer tail. They are commonly found in the coastal areas and many miles inland. They feed on meat and grain but prefer fresh fruits and vegetables.
Rat Control Methods
- Baiting – We mix an attractive meal for the rats with poison that is an anticoagulant rodenticide. The rats do not die instantly but die about three to four days after feeding hence not alarming the other rats that the bait is poisoned. The other rats eat the same bait and die.
- Trapping – Snap traps, Glue traps, electronic traps and the humane trap are non-toxic and are used in place of poisoned baits and also avoid the possibility of rats dying in inaccessible places.
Rat killers are highly poisonous to other animals as well as humans and should be handled carefully. Contact our main office (800) 430-3778 as we are trained in using the rat poison carefully and safely. They include;
- Bromethalin-This is a type of neurotoxin that targets the brain and liver, causing sodium accumulation in the liver thus killing the rat. We advise our clients to keep their pets away as there is no antidote for bromethalin.
- Anti-coagulants – Fumarin and Warfarin are examples of anti-coagulants which interfere with blood clotting. This is quite an effective method and the rats inhabiting your home won’t know what hit them.
- Vitamin-based poisons – This poison acts by filling the rat’s body with fat-soluble vitamins like the vitamin D.
There are several tips on preventing Napa’s rats from invading your home and examples include reducing food sources, reducing water sources and sealing up your homes. Rats also spread diseases like the bubonic plague, Rat bite fever, Leptospirosis, and Hantavirus.
We are a licensed, bonded and insured company. Rat infestations are at times embarrassing and we have unmarked vehicles should you not want to attract unnecessary attention to yourself. It is our responsibility to keep our customers happy and satisfied as we are Napa’s best in rodent control services. Reach out to us on (800) 430-3778 get a free quotation and estimate over the phone.