Have you gone deep into your pockets and had a fine landscaping piece of work done only to find several vole holes diminishing the beauty of your landscape.Many people are not as familiar to voles as they are to moles. Voles or sometimes called “Meadow mice” or “field mice” and are not like your average mice. For places where voles are many in number, they form vole runways either due to their feet constantly beating the same path or from voles eating the grass blades. Do not fret. We are vole control experts in Napa and in conjunction with our clients we always work together to showing these voles who’s boss. Call us on (800) 430-3778 or visit our main office and we will discuss the way forward.
Voles range from 5-8 inches long with short legs and tails. They have black or brown body fur. Voles are easy to distinguish from mice as voles’ tails are less than half of their body length while mice have long tails that equal to about half their body length. Voles dig tunnels which connect their burrows to their feeding sites. They either dig new burrows or inhabit burrows that were vacated by other voles or moles. They feed on a variety of plants and are considered pests in agricultural areas like orchards and plant nurseries. Voles are known carriers of Babesiosis, Hantavirus, and Salmonella.
Preventing vole infestations involves making your yard less attractive to voles.
- Cutting down your grass
- Do not plant low growing shrubs
- Taking care of fallen fruit and pine needles
- Cultivating the soil in your garden
- Placing barriers to trees
- Digging sharp materials into their gardens
Knowing the vole’s habits, habitat, behavior, and diet are essential for Napa’s vole control. We inspect your property and provide a vole management plan that suits your vole problem. Give us a call on (800) 430-3778 and have professionals get rid of the voles.Methods of vole control in yards and gardens.
- Vole Traps – We use mouse traps like the snap traps, mechanical trap, and the common mouse trap. This can only work effectively if the traps are placed correctly. Voles live near their runways or underground burrows and location are very important when setting up vole traps. We set traps where there is evidence of vole feces and feeding damage to plants. Baits may be required to attract the voles to the traps and we use a mixture of peanut butter and oatmeal as bait.
- Using Poison – Poison is the most effective way of getting rid of voles but we should take great care that our children and pets are not harmed. We use Warfarin based poison baits as they are safe and the most effective. Warfarin products like Rodex prevent blood from clotting.
- Fumigation – It is an effective short term vole extermination method and works for only small vole infested areas.
- Other vole control methods we use in Napa include allowing for voles’ natural predators to hunt them- Cats, Owls, and snakes are amongst voles’ key predators. When eliminating voles in the house we use ultrasonic pest repellers which are devices that emit high-frequency sounds which repel voles.
We have built ourselves quite a good reputation amongst the citizens of Napa as our vole control company promises and delivers quality work. We provide our customers with integrated pest management programs which are comprehensive and effective. Don’t just sit back and let these voles damage your yard or garden. Take action. Call us on (800) 430-3778 and that will be the last time you will ever encounter voles in your garden. Get your free quote and estimate today!